[LRflex] Re: R3 question

  • From: "Miha Golobic" <miha.golobic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 23:02:34 +0100

Hi Noel,

nice to hear someone is using R3. Reading the internet one gets the
impression that this particular camera has no fans any more. It was my
step in to the R system (as you probably know already), and I do not
regret it. Right now I m in the position of buying another R or Flex.
Still the internet and this forum particulary are my main source of
gathering the information about the Leica. And the more I learn the
more I realize that the R3 design brings some features missing in
following R cameras. In particular a) it s spot meter which is a
derivate of Leicaflex with extremely narrow acceptance angle and very
accurate mettering (although my camera seems to underexspose by one
stop in the integral metering mode or may be my lack of experience),
b) very good mirror damping more so than other R camera (excluding
R8/9), and last but not least c)  very short shutter lag. In my
opinion these are three major points where the R3 beats the R4,5,6,7
cameras.

I would love to hear your opinion.

Best regards,
Miha