[LRflex] Re: R lenses on a Canon

  • From: Herman Kempers <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 19:42:36 +0200

Hi,
I use the 19 Elmarit 2nd version and a 'professional'  modified the lens for
me. No problem although I found it a bit  scary to do it myself.

In my opinion it  is a better and more safe option to shave just a little bit
from the protruding ring of the rear lens barrel ( about 1 mm - 1,5 mm, only
just a small part of the ring)  then shaving the mirror.

With the R 60 macro , the 19mm is the most used lens on my 5dMkll. ( Ok; also
the Elmarit 28mm and for fast work some Canon lenses)

Only focussing with the 19 is almost impossible. The ordered Brightscreen is
not much for a help. Live View is great, but not always practical.
AND: the Elmarit need a little adjustment for infinity after installing the
Leitax adapter.

best  Herman