[LRflex] Re: R lens users

  • From: Andy Wagner <yxandy2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 17:28:16 -0700 (PDT)

Philippe
Let's get our facts right David Young brought us together on this list not
Leica:-) and for that I thank him. Lets face it we all love our R glass but it
is the skill of the user that really defines great pictures. I feel privilaged
to be in the company of this list.
Now as for Leica, something is drastically wrong there. They have a very
dedicated following in the R-users that they have totally ignored --first with
the DMR fiassco, then with the vapor 10 and now with no word on the promise of
something compatible with our glass. Do you really wonder why they are in
trouble and scrambling? How many followers have they lost due to their
missteps. Instead of the x1 p&s couldn't they have taken the startup cash and
converted the R-9 to digital. They've got the ideal body to start with and the
removal of some unneeded hardware on the inside they could have had a real
winner. It seems to me that everyone on this list doesn't give a rat's behind
if the camare has a hundred different bells, button, or whistles.. Just give us
an SLR where we can set the shutter speed, f-stop and ISO, focus confirmation,
and in camera stabilization we're good to go.
If they would have introduced that, I guarentee that 99% of the people just on
this list would have tripped over each other to get their hands on one. What
Leica doesn't realize is that right now they have a very dedicated following of
R-users whose patience with broken promises is growing very, very thin and they
are sending profits to other camera manufactures because they refuse to
recognize the R-users out here.

Regards
YXAndy