[LRflex] Re: Question for Doug Herr Re: Re: Something somewhat different

  • From: "David Scollard" <publisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 20:50:47 -0700

Ahhhh. Thanks for the information. D/
----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Herr" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 7:32 PM
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Question for Doug Herr Re: Re: Something somewhat different

David Scollard wrote:

I have this sinking feeling that I'm the one guy on this list who always
seems to ask the dumb questions - but what the heck, here goes -- Doug -
what is the "Red" camera ?? [I figured out all by myself that FF35 is full
frame 35mm equivalent].

http://www.red.com

It's optimized for video capture, can do high-resolution stills too. The Scarlet FF35 is the 'economy' model @ only US$12,000 (lens, lens mount, viewfinder, battery not included) Lens mounts available include RED electronic, Nikon, Canon. I'll bet it wouldn't be hard to make a Leica-R mount for it. A little bit out of my price range, fencing and car repairs have higher priority.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com