[LRflex] Re: Pond Preparations...

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 08:55:37 -0800

Gary Pinkerton wrote:

>Wow...rednecks in Canada; who would've believed it :)

G'Mornin' Gary!

I'm a little concerned.... usually the ice is three feet thick, or
more, at this time of year.. .plenty to support a truck or even a
lightly loaded 18 wheeler.  But despite my comments about cold
temperatures, it's only been cold for the last 4 or 5 days.  Prior to
that, we've had weeks of mild weather, including many, many days
above freezing.  At Christmas, the lake was nearly clear of ice!

So you can understand my concern when I heard that, tomorrow, Yamaha
is bringing a fleet of sleds (Snowmobiles to the uninitiated) to show
off.  10" of ice will support one or two, no problem.  But if they
line 10 or 12 up, in a row, they'll quickly weigh as much as a truck!

Saturday could be an interesting day!

I'll keep the list posted. ;-)