[LRflex] Pond Preparations...

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:50:46 -0800

All:

I was "volunteered" to be the officious photographer, for this
weekend's Pond Hockey Tournament. I'm looking forward to the
challenge.   However, as I proved today, standing around at -14C (in
the heat of the day) is not my idea of fun!

Keeping the batteries warm (and the lenses on the camera!) may be a challenge.

It was fairly quiet, on the Lake.  Yesterday, it was busier, for
someone drove their pickup-truck near the center of the lake, only to
discover that 10" (25cm) of ice,  while plenty deep enough to support
a hockey team, is not enough to hold up a truck!  Then, another bozo
drove his truck out, in an attempt to pull the first truck out of the
lake.  We now have two trucks in the lake!  Fortunately, the lake is
deeper than the trucks are high, so they do not present an
eyesore!  They'll get pulled out after the lake thaws.

Today, the only activities were in preparation for the Pond Hockey
Tournament, which starts tomorrow.  We have 24 teams, and they'll
play by day and under the lights, at night. But first, they need a rink.

Here's the first outdoor test shot, from my  R8+DMR - which arrived
home from Solms, earlier today.

http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/preparation.htm

Comments & criticism appreciated, as always.