[LRflex] Re: Pick of holiday pics Whitby 2008

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 19:44:48 +0200

Douglas Sharp wrote:

Well, after spending so much time on steam trains, here are a couple of holiday snaps that (for me) stood out from the rest and got 'priority processing'. My absolute favourite is the last in the list.

The large versions are 1280 x 1024 max.

Pier photography - family outing with dogs (BW)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/pick_of_2008/20080826-_MG_8451.jpg.html

Bathing Huts (BW)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/pick_of_2008/20080827-_MG_8470.jpg.html

View of Sandsend (with dog) (BW)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/pick_of_2008/20080827-_MG_8500.jpg.html

That's a funny one with deep darks and a confusing sense of depth.

Evening walk with Frauke (BW)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/pick_of_2008/20080904-_MG_8837.jpg.html

Noble's Seafood Stall - the best in town (BW)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/pick_of_2008/20080909-_MG_9022.jpg.html

Light mist made this an ideal Sutcliffe conversion candidate (Sepia)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/pick_of_2008/20080831-_MG_8611.jpg.html

I LOVE this one - beautiful tones for the setting

Ripe corn, a walker and big clouds
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/pick_of_2008/20080902-CRW_0053.jpg.html

The small-scale Endeavour replica in the harbour mouth
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/pick_of_2008/20080828-_MG_8548.jpg.html

Very peaceful and eternal - a great classic shot this one is. Makes me want to go there, too.

IMO second best of this bunch - fixing the girlfriend's bike
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/pick_of_2008/20080904-_MG_8831.jpg.html

Breaking wave
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/pick_of_2008/20080904-_MG_8836.jpg.html

Station Square/Endeavour Wharf on a sunny day
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/pick_of_2008/20080910-_MG_9034.jpg.html

Fish?
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/pick_of_2008/20080910-_MG_9040.jpg.html

The best of the crop - a sunset silhouette
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/pick_of_2008/20080904-_MG_8839.jpg.html

Der Kronung ! Beautiful light and compostion Douglas.

Thanks for sharing the place where you also belong.
Grüsse
Philippe

Purely my selection - comments and criticism welcome - on second thoughts I may remove 'Fish?' and the 'Evening Walk' shots.

Cheers
Douglas