[LRflex] Re: Phil's Blues! GEAR BLUES

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 08:57:10 +0100

Summi 25 1.4 is an answer Xavier - meant for the digital world.
Joyeuses Pâques
phx

Bille Xavier F. wrote:

Ted,
You are right. I'm not in the mood to spend 4K Euros into a M8 (although I'd like to have one), probably the price of the new SLR by Leica will excess any wallet expectation... Building a Digital system is far more difficult than we may think, the DSP (Digital Signal Processor) has to be tuned to the lens. Otherwise, the results may be so-so. I'm pretty sure that Leica has tweaked the Digilux 3 to offer a good comination with the 80-200 f4. Indeed a Summilux 50 performs better at f4 on the Digilux than at f1.4, results are more constant statistically. Good Day!
---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

    Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 06:11:56 -0800
    From: tedgrant@xxxxxxx
    Subject: [LRflex] Re: Phil's Blues! GEAR BLUES
    To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Bille Xavier F. offered:
    Subject: [LRflex] Phil's Blues!

I might even buy one, after all, it depends on its size.<<<
Xavier mon ami, There’s a far more important question than size.

    “HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?”

    I mean in the good old days of film Leica’s we may have complained
    about cost but we knew we were buying something extra special.
    Today in digital?

    A back is hardly worth the effort or cost regardless of quality!
    Given Canon, Oly, Nikon. Others? Because it’s a whole different
    world. And people buying gear!

    ted

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger <http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/>