[LRflex] Re: Phil's Blues! GEAR BLUES

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 08:30:46 +0100

Ted,

You are right. I'm not in the mood to spend 4K Euros into a M8 (although I'd
like to have one), probably the price of the new SLR by Leica will excess any
wallet expectation...

Building a Digital system is far more difficult than we may think, the DSP
(Digital Signal Processor) has to be tuned to the lens. Otherwise, the results
may be so-so.
I'm pretty sure that Leica has tweaked the Digilux 3 to offer a good comination
with the 80-200 f4. Indeed a Summilux 50 performs better at f4 on the Digilux
than at f1.4, results are more constant statistically.

Good Day!---------------------------------Xavier F. BILLE Maisons-Alfort -
France.

Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 06:11:56 -0800From: tedgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [LRflex]
Re: Phil's Blues! GEAR BLUESTo: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bille Xavier F. offered:Subject: [LRflex] Phil's Blues!
>>>I might even buy one, after all, it depends on its size.<<< Xavier mon ami,
>>>There’s a far more important question than size.
“HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?”
I mean in the good old days of film Leica’s we may have complained about cost
but we knew we were buying something extra special. Today in digital?
A back is hardly worth the effort or cost regardless of quality! Given Canon,
Oly, Nikon. Others? Because it’s a whole different world. And people buying
gear!
ted