[LRflex] Re: Philippe's Summicron 50 on L1

  • From: LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 12:51:17 -0700

Philippe, you're very welcome indeed.  Also thanks for pointing out
the artistic "watercolor-like" rendering of the Summicron 50mm "bokeh"
regarding:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/album368/FF-Iris-For+Missus-1090999.jpg.html

When "close-up cropping" photos taken using the longer (125mm and
200mm) Carl Zeiss lenses, I have repeatedly noticed that the effect
becomes watercolor-like too, whether thru' a digital sensor or via
scanned film.  I have 2 versions of the 50mm Summicron lens - both are
M-lenses.....a collapsible, and also as a dual-range 50mm lens with
macro-goggles. If I get a chance to experiment with my 50mm
Summicron's, I will certainly compare notes with you.

Glad I perused and hit upon your "tres jolie" photos!
Sounds like you are having a great summer!
~ Eric
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 08:43:38 +0200
From: Philippe Amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V6 #238 - Eric

Hi Eric, thank you for viewing and perusing.
This one shot is just a blow up of the next on the gallery - with slight
adjustments in PS - no filter
If you really want to see what the summcron can do on a 4/3, this is one
of the shots, suimply click on the rectangles above the pict.

Thanks again
Philippe