[LRflex] Re: Oly E3... exposure compensation for aperture setting

  • From: Steve Barbour <steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 12:52:33 -0700

On Aug 18, 2009, at 11:43 AM, Philippe Amard wrote:

Happy it works for you too Steve, I would have been surprised it didn't as David never complained about the E3, far from it, and the L1 already offered a reliable focus and light measurement with R glass mounted on a 10 bucks ring.
Keep clicking and sharing mon ami.

merci,

seems fine...

amities,

Steve

Amitiés
Philippe

Steve Barbour wrote:

well, I have just done a careful test of aperture compensation in the E3....

re my statement before about the E3 lack of exposure compensation...untrue.

details, E3, Leica R 19mm Elmarit, adapter with exposure confirmation, RAW, Aperture priority...

shooting varying only aperture setting...there is exposure compensation as you close down...

the E3 is really different in this regard from the Canon 5D...

I apologize, my interpretation of some earlier results was just plain wrong, and I am not sure how to account for the earlier

results/conclusion.

I'd like to hear from others re this issue...confirmation, and any other relevant information.

Steve

best,

Steve

steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx