[LRFlex] Re: P-51 'stangs.

  • From: Charles Cason <cec@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 09:18:14 -0500

Just a note to say I understand all this excitement about the P-51's. We have a couple of local ones at our airport in Oshkosh, WI. While I have never flown in one, the sounds of those engines are like nothing else in the world. The same is true of our local B-17. Very unique and moving sounds. I finally gave up photographing them because I was getting the same shots over and over. It's just like that with these two. You see one, you have a camera, you're going to take a photo (or several).
Charles

Ted Grant wrote:

Ted wrote:
>>Apart from this Friday 27th of May and my boyhood dream of a flight in a P-51 Mustang! :-) Yep that's right at the young age of 76! :-) A boyhood dream comes true!!! :-) At the Olympic Flight Museum in Olympia, Washington, USA! Take off time... 3pm. weather permitting. If not the next day.

Now that's got to be a birthday gift from heaven! :-) Me, an M7, 15mm lens and slide film along with the Canon 20D and 10mm-22mm zoom lens. Like all wides as there isn't any room for even a 35mm! ;-)<

David Young offered this in answer:
Subject: [LRFlex] P-51 'stangs.

Sorry I'm not going to be able to be there, and record your face as
you get out of the Mustang!

Happy Birthday!  It couldn't happen to a nicer feller!
> Have a great ride! David and Rose.:-)<<<<<

Hi David,
Thank you both and hopefully I'll have a few photos, digital or otherwise to post next weekend when I arrive home.:-)

I don't know how to do this, "post photos" but I'm sure I'll receive a word of wisdom or two in making it happen. That is of course we take off and land all in one piece! ;-) The landing part really counts! ;-)

And of course some jet jockey doesn't decide to shoot us down! :-( You know one of those guys , "Bandit at 12 o'clock high sort of thing!" ;-)

Now isn't that a wild and crazy imagination? ;-) Make a hell of a news story! However it would seriously tick off, "she who must be obeyed!" ;-)

ted