[LRflex] Re: One Summer's day in Annecy with Leica D-Lux 4

  • From: LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 10:50:28 -0700

Bon weekend Philippe, appreciate your comments.  Regarding the colors,
some of that has got to do with the Leica D-Lux 4's internal firmware,
which is touted to be better for colors (warmer, etc.) than that of
its cousin the Panasonic Lumix LX 3 (same hardware and sensor, maybe
slightly different coating on the same optical formula Leica zoom
lens, and different skins; Leica package came with 3(!) year warranty
& more expensive software).  As far as I know, the LX3 was/is no
slouch either and always oversold.  This pair has been replaced with
the D-Lux 5 and the LX4.
I will let you know next time I am confirmed on a trip to France.
That excursion to Annecy was by way of Geneva and a last minute
thing.....

David, thanks for trying but sorry you're having problems with the
link - perhaps your internet browser doesn't have Adobe flash player
installed?  I can't think of anything else.....good luck on it.

Best wishes all,
Eric