[LRflex] Re: OT:Ricoh GXR M Module on dpReview

  • From: Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 17:51:31 -0700

Perhaps, if it performed better than whatever camera I was to be replacing
at the time.  I do like the simple nature of the M9 and S2.  My Nikon and
previous Canon had way too many controls and options.  I don't use 70% of
what I paid for as I am sure I can do as well or better than letting the
camera make me its slave.  I prefer the other way around.  So, a simple,
minimalist body would definitely intrigue me to the point of perhaps a
purchase.  Size and weight also are a big consideration.  One reason I never
considered converting my R8, which sits lonely in the closet, to DMR, even
though I know at the time it would have met all my other considerations with
very good performance, as witnessed by your photos and others on this list
and the LUG.

Can it do what others cannot?  Is its output so much better or unique, like
a Fovion just to throw that out as something that sets it apart from the
norm.

However, since I have retired my financial situation is not, say, as
lucrative as before.  That would also be a consideration. But a any rate, it
would not happen before I felt my D7000 was no longer meeting my needs.

Thanks for the question.  Made me think a bit, but I am sure I could think
even more and never get this sent.

Aram