[LRflex] Re: OT: Sony Alpha Users?

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 09:43:40 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the Input, Aram.
I must admit that I have a 'bias' towards the Canon EOS 'Gestalt' that isn't
entirely scientific. From the moment I picked up an EOS-620, way back when,
something just clicked for me. I was coming from a Minolta x700-Yashica
TLR-Busch Pressman 4x5 set of equipment and that EOS felt molded to my hand and
High Tech as all get out. The equivalent Nikon of the day and everyone I've
picked up since felt 'not right for me'.

I've had various EOS ever since. I must admit that my Canon Lens 'Kit' is
Sparse
- my two best eos lenses were stolen years ago. I 'Can' make the move to Nikon
without a great deal of added expense beyond having my Summi and Elmarit
'Leitaxed'. The question is whether I can find a way to give 'Nikon' a whirl
without committing thousands of dollars to the experiment! I can imagine
getting
6-12 months into the attempt and going "Damn! I hate this thing!". :-)

Thanks for bringing up the 'shower cap' and your other thoughts about inclement
conditions and camera usage. I've found a big help in keeping a lens front
'clear' has been using a big honking Lens Hood and being very mindful of where
point the camera. The fact my 20D is a '1.6x' crop probably helps avoid
vignetting issues, me thinks.

I AM quite enamored of adding the Sony in camera IS to my R lenses because I'd
practically sell my soul to keep from using flash!

Richard in Michigan

[---Insert Irony Here---]