[LRflex] OT: Sony Alpha Users?

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 19:04:49 -0800 (PST)

Hello Group,
I'm writing to inquire if any Members have experience with using Sony Alpha
dSLRs?
Does anyone have experience regarding their Leica R lens compatibility?
and
Have anyone experiences with either of the Full Frame Sony cameras?
(Specifically the model numbers A850 & A900.)

My reason for inquiring is that Sony's Full Frame dSLR Offerings have 'Sensor
Based' Image Stabilization and therefore ANY lens mounted would gain the
benefit
of it's presence including Leica R lenses. I do lean strongly towards the Canon
dSLR offerings, but they only provide IS with the lenses where it was designed
into them - it's a 'Lens Based' system.
There is a lot of merit to a 24megapixel camera with image stabilized leica
glass on it.

I'm giving it a think.
Richard

[---Insert Irony Here---]