[LRflex] Re: OT: Oly scandal report out...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 08:20:40 -0800

>> From:     David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 08:19:31 -0800
>>
> (heavily snipped)
>> Personally, as a retired businessman, and a long time (since the
>> mid '70's when I took an OM-1 to the USSR) Oly user, I find it
>> fascinating reading.
>>
> As a semi-retired businessman and owner of OM-1 and OM-4 camera
> systems, I also find this interesting reading, though depressing by
> way of exposing the likelihood that I may now own 3 dead-end camera
> systems (Olympus, Leica R, and Rolleiflex).  /8 (

G'Mornin' Neil!

Thanks (?) to Leica's ability to destroy my R8/DMR and their inability to
repair or replace it, I no longer own a Leica body.  I do still treasure my
Leica glass, and find the Oly a great place to mount it.

I don't care for Canon bodies (that's personal, and no reflection on their
abilities) so now I have to wonder ... do I buy an E5 if they suddenly drop in
price? And risk the chance there may be no warranty service or repair parts in
future?

Or do I spend a bit more and take the Nikon/Leitax route as a base for my Leica
glass?

It's a decision I'll have to make, at some point.  Meanwhile, the E3 gives
yoeman service, as does the Oly glass.

I find the Oly Scandal a fascinating saga. Not quite "Rising Sun" (with Sean
Connery & Wesley Snipes), but getting closer, it seems, every day!

Cheers!

David.
 --
 David Young - Photographer