[LRFlex] Re: Not another Heron shot...

  • From: "Robert Palmieri" <rpalmier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 14:00:18 -0500

>>> dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 05/19/04 1:46 PM >>>
Hi guys!

Just back from Hornby Island.   Hundreds of Bald Eagles to be seen, but I
spent my time helping a friend reno a house and so had little time with my
Leicas.

When I was out, the Eagles were elsewhere.... likely having lunch with the
Herons!

What I did manage was a Canada Goose.  Though shot with the 400mm f6.8 and
a 2x converter I must admit to Art that I was crouched behind a log and
rested my arm on it for extra bracing.

I could have got closer, but this was a nesting pair and I did not wish to
disturb them any more than I had when I literally stumbled across them.

The shot it is not up to Doug's standards... nor even my own. But I rather
liked it.  In the original print, you can see the eye, sharp as a
tack.  However, my scanning abilities still leave something to be desired.

As always, comments, criticisms appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

David.

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm