[LRflex] Re: Not Janis

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:13:03 -0700

At 20/08/2008, you wrote:

Bobbie, or better, Summertime, this, is listening indeed!
Bought myself a CD last month BTW, brings back the good old times ;-)
Thanks for the reminder, and congrats on this excellent shot of the artist.
200 mm?
Amitiés
Philippe

Hi Philippe!

Thanks! I used the Oly E3 w/50~200mm + 1.4x for 280mm. Exposure was ISO640 and 1/60th @ f6.3 ... stopped down just a wee bit, for more DOF and shot from a clear area, about 3meters back from the stage.

The Roots & Blues people were very accommodating of photographers. They kept a clear area, about 1.5 meters deep, and as wide as the stage, available for photographers. This space started about 3 meters from the stage, as the area directly in front of the stage was used by a crew providing the images for two giant screens. (I lost a couple of shots when the boom camera swung into my field of view just as I pressed the button!)

As long as you were shooting, you could stay. As soon as you stopped, you'd be asked to leave, so that others could use the space.

The show was great, with 50 bands on 7 stages over 3 days. Lots to see & shoot!