[LRflex] Re: Not Janis

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:16:07 +0200

Bobbie, or better, Summertime, this, is listening indeed!
Bought myself a CD last month BTW, brings back the good old times ;-)
Thanks for the reminder, and congrats on this excellent shot of the artist.
200 mm?
Amitiés
Philippe

David Young wrote:

All:

Rose and I spent most of the last week at the Roots & Blues festival, in nearby Salmon Arm, BC. It's something we do, every year, as a family "rebellion", with all the kids and grandkids in attendance.

Although the big finale was the Neville Brothers (who did not allow photos to be taken ... more on that later), for most people, including myself, the hit of the show was Big Brother and the Holding Company... the 1960's, San Francisco Rock Band fronted by the legendary Janis Joplin from 1966 to 1968.

Like many bands, they broke up after they lost Janis, then reformed, only to break up again. They have now been playing steadily, with some success, since 1987, but have recently roared back with the addition of Kacee Clanton, a young singer who has Janis' moves down pat, and whose voice is a dead-ringer (pardon the expression) for Janis'. Kacee brought the 10,000 strong crowd to its feet!

From a photographers standpoint I found her to be a delight, though her frenetic moves also made her a considerable challenge.

A photo of Kacee, taken at the festival, is here: http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/BBHC-1.htm

Comments & criticism welcomed, as always.