[LRflex] More Billeotype, HDR in B&W

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 21:30:49 +0200

Good day Flexers, Let's call them the Billéotype by reference to the famous
Daguerréotype :) I've been roaming in my favorite place for testing the lenses
for the past 15 years (and believe me I've spent a pile of bucks), called the
place des Vosges, near the Photo Boulevard:
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/HDRXB/P1010260_dev.jpg And also in the Chinese
District, near the temple of the Teo Chew of France (if I'm correct...):
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/HDRXB/P1010258_dev.jpg and detail:
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/HDRXB/P1010259_dev.jpg The camera here is a
compact, with a Leica vario Summicron. you may argue that these images are
dark, contrasty. But I love the tonal graduation of the dark blacks, a
reminiscence of the Ilford MultiGrade paper whaich was a great engineering.
Here, it's easier to adapt than having the filters (yellow to red) for
adjusting the "grade". But that is luxury when coupled to the Ilford XP2
Digital offers a lot of possibilities, only, you need to learn. One software
differs from another, it's a nightmare..... However, if you like this, I'll
gladly share my "taste" file under SP5. As David puts it, there are other, 'for
free' softwares. C&C are welcomed . Cheers.
From : Xavier F. BILLE
mail : hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx
Maisons Alfort - France