[LRflex] Re: Malfunction on a Digilux 3 ? Naw! Embedded Computer issues :)

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 16:31:03 -0500

Greetings,
I am quite glad you determined your intermittent camera 'failure' was due to
something you had done and not that the camera was failing. I read an
interesting article from MacWorld this week about one of their writer's
experience tracking down a 'bug' in an email application he used routinely.
Turns out the 'bug' was all his own doing: he had 'told' the app to behave in a
certain way years earlier to solve an esoteric problem and now it was returning
to mess up his inbox almost daily. The dirty little secret of Tech Support is
the main cause of computer problems is the link between the seat and the
keyboard! :-D

The lesson I see coming from the experience you're sharing is that the advice
we've all been given to ALWAYS format memory cards for any camera only in the
camera they are used in Also Means don't format them in the computers we
connect those cards to.

I can't claim to have never violated this 'rule'!
But, that doesnt make it not be good advice :-)

Richard in Michigan

My Sarcasm Fu Is Strong,
Proceed With Caution.  :-)