[LRflex] Re: Malfunction on a Digilux 3 ? Naw! Embedded Computer issues :)

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 11:30:05 +0100

Richard,
In fact, things are worsening quick with a computer, for instance, if you plug
your SD card onto a computer running a LINUX distribution such as UBUNTU, your
card gets funny directories such as "lost+found", "recycle", etc.
Those are unavoidable.
Formatting a card is not a wizard trick, as long as you take the proper
parameters. A bit like the diskets of 720kb and 1.4Mb.
Mind you, a raw file of the Digilux 3 is 11 diskets of 3.5 inches, high
density.... Travelling back to the Nineties.
I should try to install a "puppy linux" on a SD card, and see if the Digilux 3
"boots" out of it :)

Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons Alfort
France.