[LRflex] Re: M8 Firmware update 1.201 with more info.

  • From: "Ong Pang Jin" <pjong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:10:40 +0800

Dear LEICA M8 customers,
The desire to own a digital camera manufactured by Leica, possessing the
identical lifelong value retention associated with every Leica product, was
brought to us by many of our customers. Leica Camera AG has now configured the
LEICA M8 to meet this demand. With today's newsletter, we would like to inform
you exclusively and in advance of an outstanding innovation regarding your
cherished LEICA M8.

Subjects
LEICA M8: An investment in the future
What does the first upgrade kit include?
Firmware update 1.201 available
How do I get the upgrade for my M8?

LEICA M8: An investment in the future

With the introduction of a perpetual upgrade program, every LEICA M8 will
forever be a state-of-the-art digital camera. Today's and tomorrow's users will
always be able to incorporate the latest refinements and developments in
handling ease and technology. It is our aim to secure your investment in the
LEICA M8 for the future. "While other digital cameras quickly become outdated
and are replaced by newer models, our new concept extends the value retention
and resistance to obsolescence embodied in the Leica ethos. Over time, we will
gradually offer new product features and developments as upgrade options,"
declares Steven K. Lee, CEO of Leica Camera AG. "Our customers can therefore
still invest in the photographic tools they need without worrying that they
will miss out on improvements and technological developments alo ng the way.
This information will be presented during the PMA fair in Las Vegas, beginning
January 31st.

What does the first upgrade kit include?

. Scratch-proof sapphire glass cover for the LCD monitor.
. Noise-optimized shutter with a fastest speed of 1/4000s.
. If so desired, the camera will be picked up at your home and sent directly
back to you, without any intermediary stage in the process.
. Health-check and complete adjustment of the camera, testing all its functions.
. Installation of the newest relevant firmware.
. New factory warranty of two years covering the same conditions as for a new
camera.

Firmware update 1.201 available
In keeping with the overall sustainability of the concept of the rangefinder
camera system, Leica Camera AG is now offering all LEICA M8 users an updated
version of the camera firmware, which can be downloaded free of charge from
Friday, February 1st from our website. Among other things, the new firmware
version contains new, substantially improved automatic white balance algorithms
for natural color rendering in nearly all light conditions. We will send you
special information via e-mail which contains a direct link as soon as we post
the firmware update on our website.

How do I get the upgrade for my M8?
. This offer applies exclusively to all registered M8 users.
. We will inform you shortly via e-mail when the website is updated with
detailed information about the new M8 upgrade program, and will also inform you
as soon as possible how to purchase the first upgrade certificates.
. The fact that you are registered as a M8 owner will give you guaranteed
access to an exclusive online area where you will be able to purchase your
upgrade certificate.
. Purchasing the upgrade certificates will be possible as of March 2008 - the
actual upgrading will commence as of August 2008.
. The upgrades will be fullfiled in the same order as the upgrade certificates
were purchased. It is therefore advisable to acquire the certificate as quickly
as possible.

We would feel very honored if you would be amongst the first to participate in
our new program for the lifelong value retention of your M8.

Yours Sincerely,
The Leica internet team