[LRflex] Re: OT: T2 mount - more than you wanted to know...

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:17:53 +0100

Thanks David

R adaptor : I had thought of that - but I intended to shoot digital - my R seldom get fresh air these days, don't ask me why.
So T2 to 4/3 would be the safest solution for mechanical reasons.

Fungus: is easy to get rid of,  but ...
Etched glass is a disaster ; my lens ( the back lens) is etched on the inner face as a result of fungus.
I don't know how to polish a lens, or where to to have it done.
So, with some luck I may found a replacement part at an optician's for it appears to be a very simple lens and I might find someone ready to cut one out for me. I'll buy an adaptor if and when I can solve this - else it will be dumping the gear altogether :-[
To be continued

Amitiés
phx

David Young wrote:

At 30/01/2008, you wrote:

Thanks David
What I've got is an old 300mm no name I retrieved at my parents - I'm willing to try it on the L1 as I missed a telyt again on Fribeday- it is currently 42mm (I still have got a couple of film bodies I could use it on, but) - and I unscrewed the first ring, to discover the other thread - I think I'll get a T2 to 4/3 adaptor and try that, if I can also get rid of the fungus ...
So many birds, and so short a stone :-[
Off to bed now :-D
Thanks again
Amitiés
phx

Philippe!

You can also get a T2 to Leica Reflex adapter. By doing that, you can use the lens on your Leica R bodies, as well. The Leica mount then fits on your Leica to 4/3rds, adapter, so you can use it on your L1. More convoluted.. probably not any more expensive and certainly much more flexible.

Sorry, but you'll need someone else to advise you on fungus removal!

Have fun! Good luck!  We're awaiting results!

Sleep well!

Wildlife Photographs: http://www.furnfeather.net