[LRFlex] Re: Leica & Rollei (was An Introduction)

  • From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 10:25:56 -0400

Alex:

I use a LeafScan, 35mm to 4x5.

They don't make them anymore but are on ebay from around $750 to $1,000.

Over 5,000 dpi for 35mm, less DPI as you increase format size but still plenty to work with.

These were all done with the Leafscan:
http://www.hemenway.com/Arsat/index.htm
http://www.hemenway.com/Monadnock/

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com

Alex Hurst wrote:
Douglas wrote:

Interesting how many people use Leica AND Rollei , the same names keep cropping up on the Rollei list
too.

I use both, as well as vintage Nikon SLRs. Most of the time my Rollei 2.8E TLR languishes in a cupboard. Thanks for reminding me that I must get it out and use it this Easter. My go anywhere camera is a little Rollei 35SE with the 40mm Zeiss Sonnar.

The problem with MF is that only decent neg scanner I can find is the Minolta Dimage Multi, and that's a very expensive piece of kit. Scanning negs on a flatbed gives OKish results, but nowhere near what I get scanning 35mm Leica and Nikon negs on a Nikon Coolscan III.

Anyone got some alternative suggestions for a reasonably priced MF neg scanner?

Best

Alex