[LRflex] Re: [Leica] OT: HyperDrive help Request - Part 2.

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:58:43 +0200

Hello David

It seems that the firmware of the photo bank cannot cope with the extra two
lines addresses  of the card.

I have checked the HD80 site and read the manual. Once again, they explain
taht HD80 uses the FAT32 for the disk, this means, 32GB max per partition
even on a 60GB :)

Back to the card, normally a FAT16 should hold 2GB on the card. Try to see
if the DMR does not format in FAT32. It seems there are some restrictions in
HD80

What you could do is reformat the hard disk on the HD80 or try to update
the firmware:
http://www.hypershop.com/shop/information.php?info_id=12

Before that, format a 2Gb in the DMR, put it into the HD80 and look at the
storage capacity the HD80 attribues to the SD Card. Same operation with a
1GB. With a PC check the partition system on the card (1GB or 2GB) and
eventually change the partition system of the cards with a PC if it works
better.

The solution lies in those parameters, FAT table, cluster size and HD80 able
or not to cope.

In the last, it could be that the Hardware of the HD80 has not the two extra
addresses lines to read high Capacity cards for SD

The manual does not explain how to check the firmware version of the HD80 :(

Well, this is ligt years away from a LeicaFlex SL :)

Let us know, have fun.
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.