[LRflex] Re: [Leica] OT: HyperDrive help Request - Part 2.

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:18:22 -0700

  A few minutes ago, I wrote:

>All:
>
>Last summer, I purchased an Image Bank... a Hyperdrive HD-80 with a
>60GB hard drive.   Upon first use, it failed.  I eventually sent it
>back to the distributor and it was returned to me, repaired under
>warranty, but, like an idiot, I did not test it upon receipt.
>
>Now, as I go to use it I am finding that it copies files from my
>512mb cards, just fine.  However, it will not copy files from any of
>my 1GB or 2 GB cards.  These cards were formatted in the DMR, so
>should be properly done.
>
>I know Doug Herr has one of these units, and is happy with it.  So
>far, I'm none to happy with mine. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>
>Many thanks.

What I should have mentioned was that the unit appears to work
properly with the large cards, but indicates a successful copy
operation after just 4 or 5 seconds, while indicating that 000 mb
were used copying 000 files.  With the small (512mb) it works the
same way, but when the folders are inspected,  via USB connection,
they have the DCIM and photo sub folders.  The folders created during
the "null" copy sessions are the top level "CARDXXXX" folder only,
without the DCIM and photo sub folders.  IE: they are empty.

I've read the book until I'm blue in the face, but nothing seems to work!

Thanks, in advance, for any and all help!