[LRflex] Re: Leica Mirrorless Non-Info Info

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 07:07:13 -0500

Hello Xavier,
    I think that you are probably 'spot on' in your observations that
this Leica Mirrorless (whenever it may show it's nose) will be a very
poor 'R' Mount Camera - but that is not the central role Leica's
President appears to have described this camera as being intended for.
Rather, it's primary function is for Keeping Current M Camera Owners
from abandoning the 'System' when their vision falters (read that as
ages!) to the point where RF focusing has become impractical. Aging
eyesight usually is most evident when people's spending powers are
growing the strongest, is my view, and Leica sees this new camera as a
way to give AF to M lenses, that it being an 'R' NON-Solution Solution
is simply a supplemental function to it's primary purpose. Sprinkle in
selling this new body to folks who don't want RF Focusing in the first
place and I suspect Leica sees a nice niche where they can make some
profits in.

I also agree with you about how cool that fuji x100 is looking!
there's a terrific video link at the LeicaRumors website of a nice
'real world' demo of the camera.

Richard in Michigan