[LRFlex] Re: Leica IIIG (and a flower)

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:45:06 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Dave Saalsaa <SaalsD@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Speaking of adaptors, is there a Leica M or LTM to EOS adaptor?  I have some
> very fine LTM lenses I would like to use on the Canon DSLR.
>
> Dave

Not unless you're willing to sacrifice infinity focus.  According to

http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/mounts.htm

the mount register (flange-to-fil distance) of the EOS cameras is 44mm, LTM
register is 28.8mm, and Leica M is 27.8 or 27.95mm.  I'm not sure why this web
page list both numbers of Leica M but either way it's considerably shorter than
EOS.

There are visoflex to EOS adapters at www.cameraquest.com

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento