[LRflex] Re: [LRflex]Modular cameras, now ?leicas

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 08:24:38 +0200

A cam that faithfully serves your purposes - this, I think is key to it all - whatever they are, I mean these purposes Photography is compromise in essence , so the best cam is the one you give in less with, depending on what you require from it

So I am in full agreement with Doug, and Steve.
ph

wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I actually believe that great photographers can make great images with any camera,

however we are in that most unususual group (to which that nevertheless applies),

but we fool ourselves, believing somehow, that the only thing standing between us and the really great image is better equipment...

if we had more confidence and less money, we wouldn't have leicas...

I don't have a copy of my book in front of me (I'm sold out at the moment) but
I've addressed this issue in the introduction.  I agree that a good
photographer can make good photos with nearly any camera, and I also believe
that a good photographer will be more productive with a camera that synchonizes
with the photographers' particular habits or working style.  Using a Leica
doesn't nessesarily mean that the photographer has more money than confidence,
in some cases it might actually mean that it fits his needs, preferences or
habits best.

Doug Herr
Lassen National Park California
http://www.wildlightphoto.com