[LRFlex] Re: Is anyone using a R4?

  • From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:26:12 -0400

Doug,

Thanks for your help.  My problem is that I'm not handy inside a camera, and
when you look through the viewfinder, the appearance is as if someone had
scattered pieces of black fluff over the field of vision.  I wasn't able to
tell if it was the mirror or the viewscreen.  I guess I felt intimidated and
didn't try very hard.  The deluge of fluff appeared after I attempted to
remove and blow clean the viewing screen, which was just beginning to show
it.

I have, in good shape, an R8, an SL, and another R4, which I keep because
the SL won't take my 24mm or my late model 19mm. I have procrastinated in
disposing of the camera, because I hated to junk it and didn't want to pay
for the CLA.  It probably needs that CLA anyway, since it hasn't had one in
20 years.

Regards............Julian