[LRflex] Re: Impressions of the VW Autostadt in Wolfsburg, Germany

  • From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 15:03:56 +0100

Douglas wrote:

>We drove over to Wolfsburg to pick up our new VW a
>couple of months ago.

Over here in busted Ireland we took delivery last year of the poor
man's VW - a Skoda Superb diesel, which has proved to be a great,
comfortable-motorway eater. Basically it's a VW Passat with more
legroom in the back made in Czechoslovakia. Quality of build appears
to be exactly the same - we've had no problems at all in our first
30K km of Skodaing. Now it's off to Spain in June transporting three
intrepid walkers who are doing the first section of the Camino
pilgrim trail. Myself, I'll just settle for an amble with a camera...
:-)

>Here are a few shots of what you can look it while
>waiting for hours for them to get it ready.

Some great shots in there Douglas - glad you passed the time productively.

BOL

A.

>Starts here:
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Autostadt/VW_Autostadt-3604.jpg.html
>
>Here are a few I picked out
>
>I must say I rather like the looks of this new model,
>the CC
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Autostadt/VW_Autostadt-3629.jpg.html
>
>The architects must hate photographers - it's difficult
>to find straight lines to line up on anywhere
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Autostadt/VW_Autostadt-3636.jpg.html
>
>The waiting was worth it for some.
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Autostadt/VW_Autostadt-3638.jpg.html
>
>It's a big place and makes you feel very small
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Autostadt/VW_Autostadt-3655.jpg.html
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Autostadt/VW_Autostadt-3607.jpg.html
>
>Hope you enjoy them
>Cheers