[LRflex] Re: IMG: Oak Titmouse

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:05:13 +0200

Hi Doug,

a wonderful take once more - so luminous and sharp, although so simple and balanced.

This one tit reminds me I must go to the hairdresser's; do they always have their 'hair' done just for you?
A truly lovely tit it is.

Thanks for sharing.
Amitiés
Philippe

Doug Herr wrote:

The Oak Titmouse is a member of family Paridae which inludes Chickadees and
Tits (where the name came from I won't try to guess).  The Oak Titmouse is
primarily a California resident, with a few populations is Baja California to
the south and Oregon in the north.

As its name implies it's preferred habitat is oak woodlands, where they next in
a tree cavity; this morning I found a pair bringing breakfast to the kids:

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/paridae/oati03.html

technical stuff:  R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO + 2x APO-Extender-R.  All comments
welcome.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com