[LRflex] Re: I like your ideas...with reservations

  • From: phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 12:03:46 +0200

Douglas and Xavier

I DON'T mind an ugly camera - it is meant to be seen through the VF. And w=
hat matters most is :

a) ergonomics (not tiptop on R4-7 , way better on R8, simply some dials mi=
ght be considered on the other side of the camera Contax 139 was perfect i=
n that respect.)
 =

b) viewfinder (SL is a reference but R8/9 are OK) =

=22Lighteable=22 frames as in the D200 are a plus plus. =

c) resilience - time and load (cross your fingers with electronics) - wate=
r/damp protection

d) picture quality - now linked to sensor and software, this is where Leic=
a had better get it perfect first time ...

The way it looks is negligible for me. Would there be flowers painted on i=
t as on a VW camper I'd be delighted too (wink).

Yours
Phil...x