[LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V4 #126

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 12:04:35 +0200

One spot is for single exposures, two spots is for double exposures and
prevents the take up spool connecting. The whole set-up stops when you
the frame counter on the camera gets to 36 exposures (for R3 through to
R7), this means you have to use manual winding to get the last couple of
frames on a film. You should be able to switch to one spot if you take
the winder off the camera, then put it back on the body. If you're
testing the winder on a body without film, and the counter has already
reached 36, then open the camera back to reset the film counter to zero
and close it again.
Hope this helps
Douglas
I've found that the winder is reliable, the drive however has had a lot
of problems on bot an R5 and an R7 - winding on while metering, winding
on when changing the metering mode and other silly games.