[LRflex] Re: HM Bark Endeavour

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:29:42 -0800

Douglas Sharp wrote:
> This shot (as a colour slide) was alraedy in the rejects bin, but I
> liked the composition so here it is tarted up as a BW picture.
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Ships-and-Boats/Endeavour_BW Shown at
> Endeavour Wharf in Whitby UK - Where Captain Cook was an apprentice and
> the original Endeavour was built as a Whitby Collier.
> Hope you all like it - but even if you don't I'd be pleased to hear your
> comments.
> Douglas
> Technical stuff - Leica M6, and f2/90mm on Kodak Elite chrome 200 slide
> film - weather overcast and grey

Good Mornin' Douglas!

Not having seen the colourized version, I cannot say for sure, but in
the black and white version the lower rigging is lost in the background
of city streets.  It seems to me that colour would help define the ship.

What I do like is the composition, in terms of the chap in the lower
left, to give it scale and depth.

Still, it would likely have been in my reject bin, too.

Sorry to sound so negative.

Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt