[LRflex] Re: Gaining a convert... RE: The Pony Club

  • From: philippe.amard@xxxxxx
  • To: Leica-Reflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 19:27:43 +0200 (CEST)

De : "David Young " <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sorry, Philippe!

I had posted the other 3 links, around 10PM, local time, last night and assumed
(wrongly) that people would match them up.

Here they are, in order:

For comparisons, here is the first image I posted, using Silkypix and then
Auto-levels in GIMP.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/WIPC-1.html

Neil's re-work of the above:

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/WIPC-2.html

Here is my attempt to duplicate Neil's re-work,  again, using Silkypix alone.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/WIPC-1a.html

Note the added but unnecessary perspective control.

And here is my first attempt with LightRoom.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/WIPC-3.html

An interesting comparison and the end result is not bad at all Sir :-)
Neil's rendition of the shadows is probably the best, notwithstanding artefacts.

I still think you can get more locally - side panel on the right at the top -
click on the circle roll the mouse ball to get the size you think fit, select
the area to modify with a continuous left click, release, go back to panel to
adjust contrast (less?), saturation (I'd go for a little less too due to the
orange/reds) , a slight touch of luminosity, and the mane and belly should be
alright :-)

Have fun discovering the tool

Amitiés
Philippe