[LRflex] Re: Friday Flowers

  • From: "AramLanghans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 08:39:16 -0700

Somehow that does not seem like it would improve the photos.

Here is even more disappointment for you.  I don't drink coffee at all.  I
actually left Seattle before the coffee craze hit.  I think it was mid 70's
when it really started.  A coffee story.  I was teaching in a small town in
Eastern Washington (Odessa) and driving to Seattle at least once a month for
Navy Reserve duty.  A fellow teacher asked for a ride, as her boyfriend
lived there, so we obliged.  I got off reserve duty at about 4:30 and it was
a 5 hour drive back.  She insisted that we come to her boyfriend's business,
an espresso shop in the U district that he was starting, and have some
coffee.  This was in 1976.  We said we do not drink coffee, but she insisted
and said he could put chocolate in it for me, so I said OK.  Well, that
stuff was strong, especially for someone who never drank coffee. I downed it
and then drove home.  No chance of sleeping on the road.  In fact, I lay
awake most of the night staring at the ceiling, heart pounding out of my
chest.  Next morning at school I was out of it.  I remember standing in
front of my physics class writing something on the blackboard (yes, it
really was a slate blackboard) and finally one of my physics students said,
"Mr. Langhans, what are you writing?"  I stepped back and looked and it made
no sense to me, so I announced "Study Hall" and just sat there.  That is one
of two coffee stories I tell.

Aram

Checked by AVG.
7:20 AM