[LRflex] Re: Focusing with digilux 3

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:38:58 +0100

Hello Richard.

There is no possibilities to change the focusing screen on the Digilux.

In fact, the update of the firmware (still available from leica.de) will add a
very interesting feature on the camera:

when the camera focus properly on the center on the image, the focus led (on
the right of the viewfinder) will light up.

When using the R lenses on the Digilux, it requires some light touch for a
proper focus. The led wich assists helps a lot. You can have a beep on focus as
well.

I have to say that focusing a Summilux 50mm at max aperture is tricky butthe
result is marvelous.

The Panasonic L1 with the update of the firmware has the capability too.

Richard, if you want, I can help for updating the firmware, just contact me off
line.

There is another way to focus: using the back screen, whith the 4x focusing you
can focus precisely. I never found this usable except for "nature morte"

Cheers.

Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.