[LRflex] Re: Focal Plane Shutter Distortion.

  • From: Walter Kramer <walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 06:44:25 +1100

Interesting discussion, I have often wondered about this picture with
regard to shutter lag and distortion however it just might be out of
focus.  In this example the bike is not moving fast but the camera is
panning. R7

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/3343219221/sizes/l/in/set-72157622203972010/

Aram Langhans wrote:
> What is interesting is that the ellipse axis is at an angle, as you might
> suspect from a horizontally traveling wheel with a vertical shutter. With a
> horizontal shutter it would be stretched out in the same direction as the
> horizontal motion.   BTW, which direction does the shutter travel?  Up or
> down?  If up, then you should expect the axis to be at a downward angle,
> since the picture is inverted on the sensor.  Opposite the angle in this
> photo.
>
> Love this sort of thing.....
>
> Aram

Walter Krämer