[LRflex] Re: Flying Lessons... (a wee bit OT)

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:20:04 -0800

> Why?  Because it's hard to lift a camera to your eye when your right arm
> is in a sling.  You see, nearly 3 weeks ago, I decided to step off my
> Quad (ATV).  Unfortunately, it was doing roughly 30 to 35km/hr at the
> time.  I took a hard landing, breaking my collar bone. Thankfully, Rose,
> who was with me at the time, was shaken up a bit, but otherwise fine.
> :-)<<<

Lord Jesus, Henrietta!! :-( What were you thinking? I'm the crazy loon in
this group, sky diving and flying up side down in fighter planes at 76 is
bad enough! But yer supposed to be the common sense logical... "don't do
crazy stuff at yer age person." !!!!! :-)

Yer the logical, calm, take life easy kind of guy! Trust me this isn't the
age to go teen ager crazy doing things you should've done at 18-19! I can't
believe you stepped off one of those wild dune buggy wheeled things at 30
Klicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think yer damn lucky Rose was Ok and calm enough to pick-up your sorry ass
wrecked body parts. Let alone she was "shook up!" Hell if that were "she who
must be obeyed" she'd have put a towel over my mouth to keep me quiet until
the pain stopped or I stopped wiggling in the sand! ;-) Whichever came
first! ;-) A rich widow! ;-)

I'm glad to read yer still breathing, the most important part of this
adventure.

But may I suggest, unless you have millions tied-up in the film industry,
you give that aspect of your life nary a thought! Kodak, Ilford, Agfa
whatever don't give a flying whoopie cushion what you think nor feel about
film! Save your breath and mental aggravation as it matters not one iota!

Never mind the radiologist's who don't know how to develop film as there are
all kinds of young news photographers graduating who don't have a clue how
to do it, as they're education has been completely digital! Besides why
should they waste their time souping film when in a very short period of
time, every newspaper in the country will be digital with absolutely no
reason to know how to use, nor develop a roll of film. Truly so!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it doesn't matter one whit what the old fart's of the country may think!
You may have liked or still like developing film? These kids don't have a
clue what film is, as that was a time long long ago when Noah sailed the
Ark! ;-) Their attitude is, "Why be concerned about it as long as I don't
have to use it and I have my wireless computer in my lap?"

So my broken boned friend that's real life today. Certainly not what some
may be concerned about the realities of film. Besides it's much easier on
life's daily moments to take the attitude of.... "Who the hell cares about
film anyway?" Yeah OK some still do, but in reality they are becoming a
minority that it's a pointless discussion if one is being "honestly open!"

In your case? Get well and back to shooting those very nice wild life things
you've been doing! :-)

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road