[LRFlex] Re: First Leica

  • From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:28:06 +0100

Noel and Peter wrote

> Only the
R6/R6.2 would be of interest to me among post-1980 reflex models. The
R8/9
may be wonderful inside, but in my view, needs a major cosmetic
overhaul
to make it less scary-looking.

De gustibus non disputandum. How tastes differ... The R8/R9 is the one I like best. It lies perfectly in your hands and has the same solid "Leica" feeling as my M3. Top met the R4-R7 feel flimsy, too much "Minolta". I don't know the SL, though, on pictures it has a solid look, too.

IMHO the R8/R9 seem to be much more in the tradition of the SL and the SL2, both of which are superbly engineered and have the Leica 'feel' as well as some of the best viewfinders around. I've never had much time for the Minolta-based stuff. My R3 doesn't seem very Leica-like at all.

Best

Alex
--
Alex Hurst
Waterfall

Tel: +353 214 543 328 (H)
       +353 214 270 907 (W)

Fax: +353 214 271 248
email: corkflor@xxxxxx
Also: corkflor.2@xxxxxxxxxx (when in the UK, which isn't often)
Home website: http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/
Business website: http://www.corkflorists.com/

Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) public key available at:
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371
ID: 0x5BB72019
   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm