[LRFlex] Re: Filter Puzzlement -- Clarified, and a Question

  • From: Howard Cummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 00:45:13 +0800

On Thursday, Aug 19, 2004, at 23:06 Asia/Hong_Kong, David Young wrote:

On Thursday Nick wrote:

Art, yes, you're right about the shade for the 50 Summilux holding the Series 7 filters in place. With regard to the 135, I've decided against getting the Series 7 --> 55mm step-up ring, for the simple reason that, as I suspected and as confirmed by something I found on photo.net, it would prevent me from extending the built-in lens hood.

You may want to check this, Nick. On the 80~200/f4 Vario Elmar, they use the 60mm filter thread that only Leica and Hasselblad are fond of. Filters (and worse, Elpro's) are phenomenally expensive.

I got the B7W 60-62mm stepup ring and use B&W filters (UV & Polarizing) as well as a Nikon dual-element close up lens with it. Very good results both ways, and the built in hood extends over them perfectly.

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm