[LRFlex] Filter Puzzlement -- Clarified, and a Question

  • From: "Merritt, Robert" <Robert.Merritt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:25:21 -0400

Art, yes, you're right about the shade for the 50 Summilux holding the Series 7
filters in place.  With regard to the 135, I've decided against getting the
Series 7 --> 55mm step-up ring, for the simple reason that, as I suspected and
as confirmed by something I found on photo.net, it would prevent me from
extending the built-in lens hood.

So, I know the Series 7 Leica lockring and Leica filters can be found on eBay
and other places.  But are the filters coated?  Considering how long ago Leica
moved away from series filters for the R lenses, maybe they aren't more than
monocoated.  Does B+W or anyone else make multicoated series filters?  Thanks.

Nick

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is
confidential and intended only for certain recipients.  If you are not an
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or other use of this communication and any attachments is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
disclosing it.