[LRFlex] Re: Filter Puzzlement

  • From: rronaldson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:27:22 +0100

At 14:21 17/08/2004, you wrote:

Hi all -- yesterday I received a very nice looking 135/2.8 Elmarit R, 2 cam. As far as I can tell, it's the second version, with 55mm filter threads (and 55 is inscribed sideways right next the the "m" for meters on the focusing scale). I say "as far as I can tell" because while it came with a Leica 55mm lens cap, that cap clearly doesn't quite fit -- it's just a bit too wide for it to fit all the way on. And, I tried screwing in a standard 55mm filter and it will not go in. So what gives? Does "E55" mean something other than "55"? Here I was thinking I didn't have to deal with series filters and could use a standard filter size.

Nick

Have you checked that no "adaptor" is fitted to the front of the lens?

Reg