[LRFlex] Re: Early R series... grey plastic sleeve on take up spool

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:11:18 -0700

Steven Rosenthal said:
Subject: [LRFlex] Early R series... grey plastic sleeve on take up spool

I have to say that cheap looking, hard plastic grey fitting on the take up
spool concerns me, it looks like the weakest link... I wonder if it is easy
to replace without major disassembly? I would definitely buy an extra to
have it on hand if it was possible to self-install. Hmmm, something to look

Steven,

I'd not lose any sleep over it! Period! Just go out and shoot stuff. And unless you are a professional photographer blowing through a hundred rolls of film " a month minimum" I'd not even think about such a mundane item. Simply because you don't like the look of the >>>>cheap looking, hard plastic grey fitting on the take up spool <<<<<<<<<

Considering on some photo documentaries I worked on with Leica SLR'S since 1969 and in a matter of a few weeks we'd go through 400 - 500 hundred rolls through 3 cameras within 4 to 5 weeks and never a problem with the take-up spools let me assure you that's the least of your worries.

ted Grant