[LRflex] Digital, test with a USD85 camera, Bridges better than Reflexes?

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:39:58 +0100

Helle Gentlemen.

I just bought a "old" digital camera, P&S olympus. In fact, I believe it is
enough for my needs so far.

Obviously it is not matching the Panasonic with a Leica 12x lens but enough
to do most of the daily internet photos I need.

Here is an example, using the right white balance on a cloudy day, macro:

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/PB130001b.jpg

It is a "good enough" camera: subject is the Agfa Isolette II shutter (do
you see the spots on the coating?)

Sorry for being off topic here but I truly believe in the "Bridge" type of
cameras rather than the Reflexes. So far, I've read in the local magazines
ant i's been confirmed by the local photog that a lens can be a real dog on
a digicam while on another it becomes good.

All depends on the sensor and the post processing.

So, I hope the DMR has enough software to use the Rom contact and decide
which profile is best.

Alas, the DMR is to heavy for my flat purse...