[LRflex] Re: Deadman's Creek

  • From: Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica reflex freelists <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 07:27:00 -0700

I can only repeat what othes have said, being late to see this amazing photo.
Perfect timing.

Aram

Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 12:33:55 -0700
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRflex] Deadman's Creek

As threatened, Rose and I spent yesterday at Deadman's Creek.

According to the Wikipedia, the river's name dates back to 1817, when Pierre
Charette of the North West Company was killed by his travelling companion in a
quarrel over the campsite.

Today it is a small, First Nation's Reserve, with most of the inhabitants
living in nearby Savona (pop. 640).  But for a small place, they throw a mean
rodeo!

I'm still sifting though yesterday's shots, but, for starters, here's one of
the calf-ropers....

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/DCR-Calf_Roping.htm

Like all things important, success is determined by the way you hold your
tongue...

C&C welcomed, as always.

David Young
Logan Lake, BC