[LRflex] Deadman's Creek

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 12:33:55 -0700

As threatened, Rose and I spent yesterday at Deadman's Creek.

According to the Wikipedia, the river's name dates back to 1817, when Pierre Charette of the <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_West_Company>North West Company was killed by his travelling companion in a quarrel over the campsite.

Today it is a small, First Nation's Reserve, with most of the inhabitants living in nearby Savona (pop. 640). But for a small place, they throw a mean rodeo!

I'm still sifting though yesterday's shots, but, for starters, here's one of the calf-ropers....

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/DCR-Calf_Roping.htm

Like all things important, success is determined by the way you hold your tongue...

C&C welcomed, as always.

David Young
Logan Lake, BC

Wildlife Photos: www.furnfeather.net